A new power plant - Yokomo X series Racing Performer combo!!

Yokomo Racing Performer combo

Hey! I have gone a little bit crazy lately with the upgrades, but I figured out I would complete my weaponry by getting some proper ESC and motor.

I was hesitating for a while, deciding between Sanwa Vortex, Yokomo BL-PRO4 and Yokomo RPX, one of which I wanted to couple with Yokomo D1 motor, but then I stumbled into a good deal of this combo, to which I just could not say no.

Information about ECSs turned out to be quite hard to find, not even mentioning some direct performance comparison. Because of this, I had a slightly hard time figuring out, what are the actual differences between the particular ESCs and which one should I get.

Lets sum what information I have found about those ESCs:
  • Sanwa SV-Plus Type D - built-in receiver, rev limiter, SSL function (programming from a transmitter)
  • Yokomo BL-PRO4 - wifi module compatibility (programming from a smart phone)
  • Yokomo RPX - programmed only from program box, older model from 2014 or so
That is pretty much it.


So am I happy with the RPX?

Oh hell yes I am! I mean.. I still do not have a direct comparison to the other two ESCs, but I don't care anymore.

The functions are just enough for me not to know what to do with them and nothing is missing (maybe the rev limiter just to be cool).

I was amazed by the sheer power of this combo. And by power, I mean POWER! It makes me a bit worried about breaking into some parallel dimension or blowing other cars by the ultra-sonic blast waves it's making.

Yokomo Racing Performer combo

Playing around with the settings,  90k RPM in a small room without a body shell sounds like a scream of a tortured soul, straight from the hell!! Just hope it does not damage the transmission though.

Running a settings like this, however, in our conditions seems not to be any problem for the combo at all. The motor gets warm a little, but nothing significant. You can rest your finger on it just fine. The ESC is completely chill.

What is interesting, when using so much power, I can easily tell how much the battery is charged, since there is quite a difference in the power delivery during a cycle.

Yokomo Racing Performer combo

Sitting on the YD-2 chassis, this combo also fits into the Yokomo design nicely.

I don't have a single regret for getting this combo as it is well adjustable, functional, smooth and its' power allows me to easily keep up with the CS cars without any heat problems.

Comments

Popular Posts